Do you Plan on Working at the UWB?
Find a Job at the University
- Look at the list of our current job vacancies and choose a job which suits you best.
- In case you have already received a specific job offer or have been already selected for a job position, congratulations! You can go straight ahead.
Arrange These Details
There are some details that have to be arranged before you arrive.
However, the details differ in accordance with the fact of which type of citizenship you hold. Please, click on the category of citizenship below that you hold.
Add a new title here
- If you are an EU/EEA/CH citizen, you don´t need a special permit. A valid travel document (passport or national identity card) is sufficient.
- Travel health insurance – it is not compulsory but recommended to cover the period from the date of your entry to the Czech Republic till the date you will be covered by public health insurance (the date of signing the employment contract).
If you are a Non-EU/EEA/CH citizen (the so-called third-country national), and are coming to be employed in the Czech Republic, you must have a valid visa/residence permit.
Apply for a long-term residence permit for the purpose of scientific research.
- The application needs to be submitted at the Czech Embassy of the country of your origin or of the country of your long-term stay.
- If there is no Czech Embassy in the country of your origin, the application can be submitted in the closest country that has a Czech Embassy and also has a consular section.
- Deadline for evaluation of the application is 60 days from the date of submission.
- If you are applying for a long-term residence permit for the purpose of scientific research, you are obligated to submit the following:
- Hosting Agreement (original) issued by the research organisation in Czech and English.
- The original document will be sent to your address by post.
- NOTE: The Hosting Agreement does not replace the employment contract.
The original document will be sent to your address by post.
- Issued by the state of which you are a citizen and also by the states in which you have had continuous residence for over 6 months in the last 3 years.
- The extract from the Penal Register record may be replaced by an affidavit if the given state does not issue such a document.
- NOTE: We recommend to have this document prepared as in most cases the embassy requests that.
It is always necessary to submit the originals or officially certified copies of documents. All submitted documents (with the exception of a travel document) have to be in Czech language or have to be officially translated to Czech language. Foreign public documents need to have higher approval (apostille, superlegalization).
The requirements for the application shall not be older than 180 days except for the travel document and the photograph if it corresponds to your actual appearance.
In the event of successful processing of the application filed at the embassy, you are obligated to submit proof of travel health insurance valid from the date of entry to the Czech Republic till the date you will be covered by public health insurance (the date of signing the employment contract).
At the same time, upon request, you are obligated to submit a document for proof of having paid the insurance premium.