The Meal Pass Card
Meal Pass Card recap: What changes starting March 1, 2022
The updated Directive 34R/2018 takes effect on March 1, 2022.
Here is what will change. The employer's meal contribution will increase to CZK 44 incl. VAT, and the value of the electronic meal voucher will be CZK 80 incl. VAT per day.
The new functionality connected with the switch to the meal pass card will be implemented in UWB systems in March 2022.
We ask staff for their understanding and patience in the upcoming transition period, during which details connected with the implementation of the new system will be sorted out.
Summary of information about dining in the canteen as of March 1, 2022
The following cases may occur:
- An employee had a wage deduction agreement regarding meal vouchers in place before March 1, 2022 and now:
- has signed a new agreement for the meal pass card → nothing changes for the employee; he or she can continue to take advantage of subsidized lunches in the canteen using the JIS card and the wage deduction for meals applies automatically;
- has not signed a new agreement for the meal pass card → nothing changes for the employee; he or she continues to take subsidized meals in the canteen using the JIS card and the wage deduction for meals applies automatically (the employee is not entitled to electronic meal vouchers).
- An employee did not have a wage deduction agreement regarding meal vouchers in place before March 1, 2022 (and topped up their JIS card using cash) and now:
- has signed a new agreement for the meal pass card → the system implementation will take place in March 2022, which is why for now it is necessary to keep using the method of topping up the JIS card using cash. As soon as the system has been implemented, the wage deduction will apply (and the appropriate amount will not be deducted from the JIS card if lunches are purchased in the canteen). A notification of completed implementation (wage deduction agreements regarding meal pass cards having being entered into the system) will be published on the intranet.
- has not signed a new agreement for the meal pass card → nothing changes for the employee; he or she continues to take subsidized meals in the canteen using the JIS card, which they top up using cash (the employee is not entitled to electronic meal vouchers).
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
- the meal pass card will be issued in April 2022,
- there is no charge for issuing the meal pass card,
- the first entitlement for the month of March will be credited to the meal pass card in April at the payroll close date,
- the meal pass card will be distributed via the respective departments and given to the employee following signing of the appropriate form,
- paper meal vouchers can be collected from the UWB petty cash office to the end of April 2022.
Any technical information about the distribution and activation of the meal pass card will be published in due course on the intranet.
All information about the meal pass card is available in both Czech and English on the HR Department's website.
If you have any questions, contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE EMPLOYEE GUIDANCE DIRECTIVE IS UPDATED
An updated version of Directive 34R / 2018 Employee Catering is published on the legislativa.zcu.cz website, which now contains information on the meal pass card. The UWB will move to it from March 1, 2022 and will fully replace the existing paper meal vouchers.
New wage deduction agreements are currently being signed during February.
The amount of the meal allowance also changes from March. The total value of one meal voucher will increase to CZK 80, with the employer's contribution being CZK 44.
Anyone interested in the meal pass card will sign the wage deduction agreement in february
From 1 February , the HR Department has prepared for distribution throughout the university wage deduction agreements, the signing of which will serve the purpose of requesting the meal pass card. The agreements were prepared in cooperation with the Center for Information and Computer Technology (CIV) based on IS Magion data on employees who, pursuant to Directive 34R/2018, are eligible for a meal contribution as of January 2022.
It still only applies to employees with an employment contract (not those working based on an agreement to complete a job or an agreement to perform work), which in total (in the event of multiple part-time employment contracts) amounts to a minimum of 20 hours a week – the conditions for meal contribution entitlement have not changed. The new directive on staff catering is available on the website with UWB internal regulations.
You will receive the information about the wage deduction agreement in time at your workplace and do not need to take any active steps before that.
The wage deduction agreements have been printed, filled out and signed by the UWB Bursar. Each agreement has been drawn up in two copies – one for the employee and one, once signed, will be returned to the HR Department through the person responsible in your department.
Signing the agreement means making a request for a meal pass card to be issued, and agreeing to the appropriate wage deductions.
If you are not interested in the meal pass card, you will be asked to sign a form to confirm this fact.
The signed documents will be sent back to the HR Department through the appropriate contact persons at the respective UWB Parts.
Thank you for your cooperation and if you have any questions, feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com.
The paper meal vouchers from 1 March 2022
From 1 March 2022, the paper meal vouchers that have been used so far will be replaced by a more modern use of this fringe benefit in the form of electronic meal vouchers stored on a so-called meal pass card. The total value of one meal voucher will increase to CZK 80, with the employer's contribution being CZK 44. The total amount will be credited to your gastro pass card electronically and the appropriate amount covered by the employee will be deducted from your salary.
The Multi Pass CARD is a combination of two types of cards: the Gastro Pass Card (meal vouchers) and the Flexi Pass Card (vouchers for leisure time activities). Both types of fringe benefits will be stored on one card, which can be used as a regular debit card. The provider of this pass card for UWB is the Sodexo Company. For a list of outlets where you can pay for goods and services using this card, refer to the Sodexo website.
The meal pass card will start to be used from March 1, which means that the card will be credited with the amount which employees will be entitled to for the month of March in the first half of April (following the pay day). Only then will you be able to use the card – instructions on how to activate and use the Sodexo card will be provided along with the meal pass card itself.
To take advantage of this fringe benefit, employees will need to sign a Wage Deduction Agreement, which will also be used as a request form for issuing the meal pass card.
What options are there?
- An employee has already signed a Wage Deduction Agreement and is interested in getting the meal pass card → in this case an updated Wage Deduction Agreement that includes deductions for the electronic meal vouchers needs to be signed.
- An employee has already signed a Wage Deduction Agreement but is not interested in getting the meal pass card → in this case there is no need to conclude and sign a new agreement and the employee is only entitled to subsidized meals in the university cafeteria and the employee's co-payment continues to be deducted from their salary.
- An employee has not concluded and signed a Wage Deduction Agreement and is interested in getting the meal pass card → in this case a new Wage Deduction Agreement needs to be concluded.
- An employee has not concluded and signed a Wage Deduction Agreement and is not interested in getting the meal pass card → in this case nothing needs to be done.
New wage deduction agreements and later the meal pass cards will be distributed to departments in the same way as Flexi Passes. Use of this fringe benefit is strictly on a voluntary basis – if you are not interested, there is no need to sign the agreement; you will not receive the card and you will continue to be entitled only to the subsidized meals in the cafeteria.
Until the end of April, you can collect your paper meal vouchers for the months of January and February in the current value of CZK 70 per voucher. After this date, paper meal vouchers will no longer be available.
The above changes are incorporated into Rector's Directive No. 34R on Employees' Catering, the updated version of which is available on the legislativa.zcu.cz website.
HR Dept. contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit the Sodexo Company website.
What are the advantages of the multi pass card?
The advantages of the Multi Pass CARD for employees are listed in detail on the Sodexo website.
What do i need to do for the electronic meal vouchers to be transferred to the card?
If you have signed the Wage Deduction Agreement, you do not need to do anything else. The electronic meal vouchers will be transferred to your card automatically and at the same time the amount corresponding to the employee's balance due shall be deducted from the employee's salary (in the case of CZK 80 meal vouchers, the employee pays CZK 36 per voucher). It is thus not necessary to visit the petty cash office or take any other steps.
How do I find out the balance on my card?
Is it possible to withdraw cash from an atm using the meal pass card?
The meal pass card cannot be used to withdraw money from an ATM. The card can only be used to pay for goods and services at contractual partner places.
Can I overdraw the account on my meal pass card?
No, this is not possible. The card can only be used to make payments up to the current balance, which cannot be overdrawn. Your account balance can be checked in your Sodexo Personal Account.
I have lost my card. What should i do?
The card needs to be blocked so that you will not lose the meal vouchers stored on it. Blocking the card can be done in your personal account, in the mobile app or using the customer information line – detailed information is available on the Sodexo website.
My favorite place (a shop, restaurant, etc.) is not listed on the sodexo website – what can i do about it?
Send a tip to Sodexo and the company will try to include your favorite retailer in the network of its partner places.
Where can i learn more about the multi pass card?
Contact the Sodexo customer service on 233 113 435 (on weekdays from 8am - 5pm) or send us an email to email@example.com.